Your dog is your best friend, so you should look after him; dogs enjoy a variety of foods, but packaged food, such as Pedigree, does it suit your dogs? NO, that would be my answer. According to my research, Packaged food is not suitable for humans, so how can it benefit your pets?
You should feed your dogs fresh and healthy food rather than packaged food. Pedigree is not 100 percent pure because it is packed food, and every packed food contains some kind of preservative that keeps food from spoiling. But have you ever considered that preservatives could be harmful to your dogs?
According to my research, the best food for your dog cannot be Pedigree or any other type of packaged food. Instead, fresh and healthy food like meat, chicken, or some kind of vegetables can be a good meal for your dog.
Is Pedigree safe for your dog?
Pedigree is entirely safe for your dog because it contains no toxic components.
Your dog can have Pedigree packaged food once or twice a week, but not every day as a meal, as pre-packaged food pales in contrast to fresh, delectable food.
You can give your dog pedigree as a treat, but you should not feed him Pedigree or any other packaged food daily.
According to certain research, Pedigree is very nutritious and good dog food. Yes, it provides all of your dog’s vital vitamins and calcium, but when your dog eats fresh food like chicken, they become more involved and enjoy their meal.
Let me tell you about my own experience.
I have a 3-year-old dog named Luke, a double-coated black labrador. A highly active dog. He constantly plays all time. While drinking my morning tea, I noticed my dog eating his breakfast, including Pumpkin Cinnamon Dog Waffles, a boiled egg, and some fresh blueberries from my little garden farm. I always feed my dog Luke fresh, healthy food in accordance with his diet plan. So, that day, I decided to give my dog packed food, so I first gave him a packed meal during his lunchtime. I notice he doesn’t like that food all that much, but because he was hungry and didn’t have a choice, he had to eat, but when I noted that my dog wasn’t enjoying the food, I decided to bring him a fresh meal. He left the packed food, smelled his favorite fresh meal, came into the kitchen where I was preparing his food, began watching continuously, and drooled for the food.
With this small experiment, I’ve learned a lot about dogs, and I’d like to share my findings with you. And this experiment demonstrates that while packaged food is convenient, it is not fresh, while your dog may not enjoy packaged food as much as he does fresh or raw healthy food.
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Pedigree Food For Your Dog
Let us now discuss the advantages and disadvantages of packed food pedigree.
Advantage Of Pedigree Food For Your Dog
- High in essential vitamins and minerals: D-calcium pantothenate, monocalcium phosphate, potassium iodide, potassium chloride, and folic acid are among the vitamins and minerals found in Pedigree dog food.
- Portable food: Pedigree, like any other food, comes in a convenient box that comes in a variety of sizes. In addition, they are available in both multi-serving and single-serving packaging. When traveling, this single meal box comes in handy.
Disadvantage Of Pedigree Food For Your Dog
- Main Ingredient – Corn: Corn gluten, which has most of the starchy carbohydrates washed off before it is ever placed into the food, is the main ingredient in Packed food like Pedigree, which can be quite dangerous for your dog as it can cause a variety of skin problems including as skin allergies and other skin concerns.
- Too Much Grain: Dogs aren’t supposed to eat grains like corn, soybeans, whole wheat, and so on, but pedigree food contains grains that aren’t recommended for your pet because they might cause gastrointestinal problems and produce more waste, which can lead to weakening.
- Added preservative Colors and Dyes: BHA is used in packaged foods like Pedigree to preserve animal fat. BHA is suspected of causing cancer. Therefore its use is concerning. Even some packaged foods include colors and dyes to enhance the appearance and scent of the meal, which can be hazardous to your pets.
- Upset Tummies: According to several reviews on eCommerce sites like Amazon, pet dogs are getting sick after eating packaged food like pedigree pet meals because these foods include unsafe ingredients like preservatives and dangerous colors and dyes, which upset the tummies of dogs.
- Costly: Packed foods are substantially more expensive than fresh, nutritious foods. It is difficult for poor people to go and get it.
- Food is not fresh: Although packaged food has an expiration date, it is not fresh. And even you have no idea about its quality, how can you trust it? After all, food is crucial for your pet dog’s life, and you should not compromise on it.
Best Food for Your Dogs
- Carrots: They can help keep dogs hydrated. It is also a good source of vitamins A, C, and B-6.
- Apples: Vitamins A and C help to keep a dog’s digestion in check.
- White rice: for treatment of upset stomach
- Fish: Omega-3 fatty acids are abundant in these foods, benefiting a dog’s immune system, coat, and skin.
- Chicken: When a dog’s stomach is upset, cooked chicken with no flavor is suitable.
- Peanut butter: Peanut butter is high in vitamins E and B, niacin, healthy fats, and protein, among other things.
- Plain popcorn: Popcorn is high in minerals, including magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc, all beneficial to dogs’ health.
- Turkey: an excellent protein supply.
- Blueberries: a high-fiber, antioxidant, and phytochemical-rich food
- Bananas: It’s high in magnesium, which is essential for bone health.
- Cucumbers: Low-calorie treats for dogs, which might be an excellent option for overweight canines.
- Green beans: They are high in protein, as well as calcium, iron, and vitamin K.
- Watermelon: It can aid in the hydration of dogs. It also contains a lot of vitamins A, C, and B-6.
In the end, I just want to say that we all love and care for our pets, and we all want them to live a long life.
However, due to some errors in their feeding, we cause a massive problem; packed food is not advisable to give daily; it is not suitable for your pet.
You should feed fresh and healthy food to your pet, and it is wise to take proper guidance from your pet vet about your pet dog’s food routine. And, in accordance with it, create a suitable diet plan for your dog and fresh and healthy food. When you begin to do all of these things, you will notice changes in your pet’s health.
You might also like to read